Thursday, June 9, 2011

My Practice Thus Far

Day 13

Well, I went to class sick. I was strong during the Standing Series, opting out of second set of Standing Separate Leg Head to Knee Pose. But by the time I got to Savasana, I was wiped. Not sure if it was because my nose was plugged and I couldn't breathe properly through my nose (breathing is central to yoga) or if I was just generally weak. I did about 3/4 of the floor series but did not give my best effort. I had spent the entire day in bed and ate nothing but fruit. I don't know what I was expecting to achieve in class, but I'm glad I went. I think the class accelerated my cold and I slept really well. I'll go again tonight and by the weekend I should be back in good form.

Day 14

Today I was stiff, but I managed to make it through the entire class, doing every posture. I wouldn't say I was at 110% but I definitely put out a good 85%. My nose was still super stuffed up which meant I couldn't breathe that well. That being said, it was an awesome class! My teacher Leah had just come back from teacher re-certification in LA; she said that one of her classes was heated to 138 degrees!! Ouch! And I thought 105 was HOT!

Day 15

Day 15 didn't happen... yet. I was totally stressed out today because of some possible life changing events, which I'll post about later. Needless to say I was late for my bus and then realized I'd left my teeny tiny shorts at home. So I threw in the towel and went back home. It wasn't meant to be. My cold has also gotten worse. Now my throat is sore, my nose perma-plugged and I've developed a cough... just in time for graduation!

Day 16

I went to the 4pm yesterday and despite my cold I had a decent practice. I sat out the first set of Rabbit and Bow Pulling Pose, but did well in everything else. I was exhausted afterward and had to go home and clean before picking up my mom at the airport. The next morning I took the 10am and had loads of energy all day! I normally don't feel awake enough to take that early of class, but today it seemed to work for me :)

Day 17

Took a day off for grad, but was back on again Tuesday for the 8pm. JUICY HOT and an amazing workout! I still struggle breathing (still sick) but it was great to work out with my friends, Maria and Naomi :)

Not sure what's going to happen to my plan as I'm in the midst of packing up my apartment to ship home, "entertaining" my mother and will be in BC for four days, with no chance of a Bikram workout. I will try my best to keep this going!!

No comments:

Post a Comment