Monday, May 23, 2011

Day 1

Ughhh... what was I thinking? Just kidding, I'm committed.

Wow, though, what a tough class. I tried to go in with no expectations but I really wanted my first day to be empowering and encouraging. Blahh! I'm so tired!!

I think the main reasons I struggled so hard in class were dehydration and poor diet. I didn't drink enough water throughout the day and I caught myself grinding my teeth the whole time. Also, I've been eating crap for like a month. Probably not a good idea. Claire, the owner of Bikram Yoga Ottawa, always talks about how important a healthy diet is to feeling good in class. Without proper nutrition, I often feel like passing out or worse during the class.

No one said I had to like this challenge, right?


Is it better to suffer for 90 minutes in 'Bikram's Torture Chamber' or for 90 years? - Bikram

3 comments:

  1. Jess! This is an amazing idea. I know you can do it. I haven't met a more driven women.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, girl! I hope one day I wake up with as much energy and drive as you do :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have fait in you too! Hope we'll do a few classes together, if we can ever work out our schedules. I was there today too, but at the 10am class.... hahah!

    ReplyDelete