Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Day 2

To quote Shakira: "I'm on tonight and my hips don't lie hoodie ho di ow ow ow!" Seriously, my hips ain't lyin': they friggin' hurt! One thing I've noticed is just how tense and tight my hips really are. This defies all logic seeing as the Good Lord blessed me with Mennonite thighs and hips.

I know you're not supposed to compare yourself to other students but while others are in perfect Tree Pose, I'm looking pretty bad.

Exhibit A: gorgeous woman in beautiful tree pose.

You see how her right knee is pointed down and and her thigh is out to the side? Well, when I'm in tree pose my knee is out straight and my thigh is in front. I know flexibility, balance and strength are all works in progress, but I can't help but notice just how much work I have to do.

I continued to notice pain in my hips during Pavanamuktasana or "Wind Removing Pose" and Dandayamana Bibhaktapada Paschimottanasana (say that 10 times) or "Standing Separate Leg Stretching Pose." Bikram says that if it hurts, it means your body needs it. So I'll keep working through these postures and try not to compare myself to gorgeous women in beautiful tree poses.

I've also worked it out that I have to go to approximately 5.2 classes a week for the next 10 weeks in order to meet my goal. For anyone who has never tried Bikram yoga, this is a lot. For those of you who have, come join me (this means you NoƩmie!!).

Day 3 tomorrow... wish me luck!

If your life style is too busy for a regular yoga practice, change your lifestyle - Bikram


No comments:

Post a Comment